Tuesday, May 22, 2012

4 mos check-up

4 mos old and she is getting so big. Sofia just had a great checkup. She is just about double her weight. The only thing I have to complain about is the feeding tube issue. She just had some brownish stuff come out of her burp tube and the doctor said it is nothing to worry about. Try convincing this worried mom. Well we are working hard at trying to convince Sofia that the feeding tube really sucks and that she needs to work hard on not aspirating. Her response...raspberries. Hmmmm...I guess I'll take that as an ok.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! 4 months old already...and so incredibly adorable! Yeah for a good checkup! I know how the worries of a mom can go so hopefully soon the feeding tube will be a thing of the past. Love raspberry sounds though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Cuteness!

    My son Calvin aspirated too. Does she have any heart stuff? I know it is so common and does not last forever...hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...what I don't understand is that in NICU she was aspirating the entire time and they didn't know it. I didn't know but I don't have a medical degree. So when we had a swallow study done and they realized that was going on they admitted her within a few hours and we had a feeding tube placed. Luckily Sofia didn't have any heart stuff going on although they thought she did at first.

      Delete